6 effective home-remedies for curing UTIs
UTI is a common infection that affects a majority of individuals at least once in their lifetime. You can diagnose yourself with a UTI when you experience the urge to pee frequently or when you experience a tingling and burning sensation when you pee. The UTI causing bacteria would have firmly lodged themselves in your urinary tract and all these symptoms indicate that they have already started wrecking havoc in your system.
There are plenty of reasons that cause UTI, some of them being low water consumption, diabetes, holding your pee, sex, etc. If you aren’t too keen on visiting a physician,there are home remedies for UTI that yield desirable results.
Here are some of the popular UTI natural remedies that would provide you the relief you seek so desperately.
- Water- Not drinking enough water is a common cause of UTI. Water is a life-saver and has immense contribution in helping you maintain a healthy body. Water is essential for a healthy urinary tract and helps in flushing out the toxins. Drink plenty of water and this would keep the UTI bacteria at bay
- Baking Soda- Baking Soda is an alkaline substance and can help neutralize the acidic nature of your urine. Mix a teaspoon of baking soda in fresh water and consume it in the morning for a week. You would notice the burning sensation fading away and you would start feeling better
- Do not hold- Holding your pee is one of the major reasons for contracting UTI. When you want to pee, make sure you do it right away. When you hold it, you are giving the UTI bacteria an opportunity to multiply and cause damage to your urinary tract
- Celery Seeds- Celery Seeds are diuretic in nature, i.e., they increase the flow of urination. Chew some celery seeds once or twice a day and drink water along with it. The only problem that you would have to face is, you would feel like peeing frequently. The celery seeds in combination with water would help clean your urinary tract
- A hygiene check- You have to make sure that you stay clean and dry “down under.” Moist conditions are conducive to the growth of bacteria and help them thrive at a greater speed
- Horseradish- We know horseradish as that hot and spicy vegetable that is quite effective for sinus. However, what we don’t know is that horseradish is quite effective in killing the UTI bacteria because of a natural compound it contains: allyl isothiocyanate (AITC). So, whip up a horseradish juice and sip away
These are widely-practiced UTI natural remedies, but if the infection persists, a visit to a gynecologist is advised.